Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year's Traditions



http://www.ocala.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060101/NEWS/201010334&SearchID=73231550388261

After covering this story I started questioning friends and family about various New Year's superstitions. Apparently Brazilian tradition says you should wear yellow for New Years for good luck and also wear a string around your wrist with twelve knots tied in it, one for each month of the new year and let the string just fall off by itself to guarantee good luck for each month. Also I learned you should eat black-eyed peas and that for each pea you eat you will get a dollar in the new year, sounds like a stomach ache waiting to happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morgan,
You seem like a very amazing young women. I can tell you're doing very well with keeping up with lifes high speed and bumps, I can tell from your excellent writting that you are a very intellegent. You are exsactly what the Florida Journalism Youth Scollarship is looking for. We would love to have you speak at one of our confrences. I would love to tell you more, but I am in a rush for a meeting. Please contact me for more info @ gloriadunn@youngjournals.ca

Morgan said...

Gloria,
That email address didn't work.
My direct email is morgpet@ufl.edu.