Sunday, April 23, 2006

Festival of the Horse

Yesterday I photographed Festival of the Horse at the Ocala Horse Park. It was slightly unorganized but fun because I got to watch a mini game of polo for the first time. Oh and it was hot and humid, not a good day to wear long pants. But here are the photos that ran today as a stand-alone photo package.

This is a Gypsy Vanner horse, a relatively new breed that was only brought to the US in 1996.

The polo action was hard to shoot but I got one nice photo, but we chose this one instead for the humor factor.

This was the first time I got to shoot Cross Country jumping and it was interesting as I stood next to three other photographers on the side of the water jump and we waited for each horse and rider to come by.

The 7:30pm football game I covered started two hours late and will run tomorrow.

No comments: