Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Catching up.

Wow three weeks is a long time. I feel like I missed so much while I was gone. While in Peru the presidential election took place and Alan Garcia won. There was the possibility of riots and protests and even terrorists, but to my journalistic dismay nothing happened. Our service group was shuffled away from a teacher protest one day, that was the most excitement we saw politically in Peru.

I have lots to talk about and lots of photos to share from Peru, over 3,000 to be exact, but I'll slowly post them on here as I have time. I visited 3 major cities and Machu Piccu, which was as awesome as it looks in photos. I also figured out that if I ever return to Macchu Piccu I would stay there overnight to photograph in the early morning. Mid-afternoon light was well mid-afternoon light, nothing exciting.

Here are two of my graduation photos from the week before I left for Peru. One is the standard throwing up the cap shoot and the other is a little different. I liked how the line of purple cladded graduates disappeared into the early morning fog.


No comments: