Tuesday, September 02, 2008

It's September.

A year anniversary of my landing in Duke City has come and gone. As year two creeps by I realize suddenly that I will begin to see things repeat themselves, events, holidays, etc. As obvious as this is to many, I see it presenting a challenge, at least for the first repeat year. Last year I saw the city and community with fresh eyes. Seeking creativity out of yearly events is my job now. I know what to expect and somehow feel as if the city doesn't have much more to show me. Now I know this to be not true, but with the state fair and balloon fiesta coming up next on the calendar it's what I'm facing. Maybe in a week this feeling will have passed. Maybe this is me finally realizing I'm here for good (for now). Maybe it won't be as hard as I'm imagining. Maybe.

Show me what you've got Albuquerque...

No comments: